Saturday, February 18, 2012

PACIA, Performing Art in Creative Industry in Asia Pacific

When I was working in University of Malaya in 2007/8 for one year contract, I was asked to develop an international conference, so I designed a conference entitled Performing Arts in Creative Industry in Asia Pacific, PACIA. The international conference took place in 2008 in University of Malaya. In the conference proposal I also proposed that the conference moves from one university to the other, so it creates it's own sustainability and future life instead of one off conference. Last year I heard that the conference travel to Penang via USM, but sadly I have not been invited to it. But I hope it will continue to develop further. After the conference in UM we also prepared set of papers for publication, but unfortunately I am not more in the Cultural Centre, UM. But I hope the publication will come out soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home